- Parks and Recreation
- Events and Activities
- Community Take Action Days
Community Take Action Days
ABOUT COMMUNITY TAKE ACTION DAYS
Formerly known as Clean Up Day, this semi-annual event has been reimagined to offer even more opportunities to get involved! Inspire others by using this hashtag on Facebook: #NCHTakeActionDay
2023 TAKE ACTION DAYS
- Saturday, April 29, 2023
- Saturday, October 14, 2023
Learn more about how to participate by clicking the tabs below.
COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS
Volunteers should plan to check in between 9am and 11am at the City Administration offices located at 1500 W Galbraith Rd to choose a project and pick up a ticket good for a free slice of pizza at Italianette.
SPRING TAKE ACTION DAY
NCH's Spring Take Action Day is held each year in April or May. Spring projects may include:
- Litter Pick Up
- Spreading Playground Mulch
- Painting Playground Structures
- Honeysuckle Abatement
- Planting Annuals in City Park Gardens & Greenspaces
- Trail / Community Path Rehab
FALL TAKE ACTION DAY
NCH's Fall Take Action Day is held each year in October. Fall projects may include:
- Litter Pick Up
- Winterizing Perennials & Shrubs in City Parks
- Planting Bulbs in City Parks & Greenspaces
- Clearing leaves/tree fall from Trails/Community Paths
New for 2023! Your classroom, place of business, church group, or family can "Adopt-A-Park". Adopt-A-Park groups will be recognized on Facebook & our website, and on a sign posted at the park.
- Dumele Park (corner of Goodman & Simpson)
- Pies Park (end of Kleindale)
- Schaeper Park (on Bising, behind NCH Elementary School)
- Stapleton Park (corner of Collegewood & Northridge)
- Veterans Park (corner of Betts & Sterling)
- Wise Park (Goodman, near Hamilton)
Groups can sign up for six months (April-October) or for a full year. Projects will vary by park, and may include:
- Litter Pickup
- Weeding & Watering Plants
- Reporting Maintenance Concerns
- Suggesting Improvements
Neighbors helping neighbors is part of what makes NCH a wonderful place to live. Here are some ideas we thought of for ways to Give Back. You may have an even better idea of your own!
- Help an elderly or disabled neighbor with yard work, running errands, or washing their car.
- Organize a clothing/food/toiletries drive.
- Host a fundraiser for a worthy cause.
- Sign up to volunteer for a charity.
- Your idea here: _________________.